Monday, December 9, 2013

Day 6: Magic Kingdom

Our last view of the drive into Magic Kingdom.  This was Thanksgiving Day!  Such an exciting time to be at Disney World!We decided to sleep in a little and eat breakfast at the park.  We heard Starbucks was considered a "snack" on the meal plan, so everyone got in line for that and the girls and I headed to the line to meet the Fairies.  Most of the things left for today were some characters that they wanted to meet and a few rides again.  The wait for the fairies was about 30 min.  grr

Next up, was Tiana.  She was so sweet!
W
 I mentioned to my mom that I had wanted portraits done of the girls last time we were there, so she decided to get it done as our Christmas present!  The place was right across from Sleepy Hollow, on my list of good eats in the park.  We got a couple of yummy waffles.  The sitting took a little while, luckily we had a great view.  We got to see Dream Along with Mickey show again.  The portraits are such a treasure!

 Our fast passes to Buzz Lightyear ended at noon, so we hurried over there when they were done with the sitting.  They almost didn't let us in b/c we were a few min. late and the worker did let us in.  The ride ended up breaking down a few minutes just when we got on, but it got back to running very soon.  It was a fun ride, not as fun as Toy Story Mania though.  Next up was meeting Rapunzel at Fairytale Princess Hall where we had a fast pass+.  The place was really neat inside and it had Cinderella's slipper in there.


 We loved meeting Rapunzel and Snow White was in there too!  She asked the girls about what they liked to paint.
 Emily wanted to go on Barnstormer (small roller coaster) since the first day, so we got a fast pass for her and Roy to ride on it.  She loved it!  My parents took the girls on Dumbo, then the train ride while Roy and I went on Space Mountain.  Scariest ride ever!  haha  Our plans were to do the Riverboat ride, Tom Sawyer island, and President exhibit but once we met up with my parents we only had time for the Hall of Presidents.  We had a late "lunch" reservation at Ohana which was at the Polynesian resort.  We went on the monorail to the Polynesian. We were all very hungry at this point and the plan was to not eat too much since we also had a late dinner reservation at "Be Our Guest".  The food was SO good at OHana that it was hard to leave much room.  I think everyone enjoyed it even though they didn't have typical Thanksgiving dinner.  I was bummed they didn't do the kids activities b/c they were so busy, but the girls still had a great time!


 We made it back to the Magic Kingdom in time for the last street party.  Emily's favorite thing, I think!
 We checked on the riverboat again, but it wasn't leaving for a while.  Ella wanted "It's A Small World" again, so we went on that first.  We decided to forget about the riverboat since we took the ferry back to the Magic Kingdom after OHana and decided to use our fast pass to visit Mickey at the Town Center even if we had to go back to the entrance (working off our lunch).  It was a great experience seeing Mickey b/c he could talk!  He was very interactive and did some magic for us!
 Next, we had them change to their princess dresses and used the fast pass to Storytime with Belle.  It was such a neat experience!  Emily loved being in the play.  Ella decided not to be in it, but went up there to get a picture and bookmark from Belle.


 We had a little bit of time before our dinner reservation, so they went on the carousel again and we saw Philharmagic again!  Finally, it was time for "Be Our Guest" dinner.  
 View from afar.
 It was really neat going inside of the castle because one person is given a candle as they walk in.

 We were in the "rose petal" room.  It was so lovely!  The dinner was pretty good.  I think everyone got the Thanksgiving dinner but me (I tried some of Emily's).  The food was pretty good, but loved the presentation of everything!  The dessert was really neat too!  I don't know how I even ate this meal.  ;)
 At the end, you could meet the Beast.  Ella was a little scared of him.
At the end of our dinner another magical moment appeared, the end of the fireworks show was going on and we got to see it right above us.  It was an "awe" moment for sure!  After that, we saw the projector show again then decided to head out b/c Ella fell asleep.  Emily wanted to go on the Peoplemover again, but we decided to let her do her last shopping while the Electric Street Parade was going on.  The castle was sparkling as we were leaving.  I'll miss this place!  It truly is magical!  Emily wants to go every year.  I really wish we could.  I would like to go again in a couple of years, but we will see!  We still had one day left of relaxation before our plane left at 4pm.

No comments: