Saturday, December 7, 2013

Chef Mickey's

We left Hollywood Studios at 8:30 and luckily the Contemporary was the first stop.  It's right by the Magic Kingdom, so it was about a 15 minute drive to that resort.  We got there with 5 minutes to make our reservation and we checked in 8:50pm on the dot.  I had brought some cute polka dot Mickey dresses to change to dinner, but since we were running so late I just forgot about that.  They did wear them on the last day we were there though.
On the bus, we tried to wake Ella and she was cranky/groggy, but we did manage to wake her up.  I didn't want her to miss this!  I wanted to include Chef Mickey's but since it was at another resort, it was hard to figure out where to put it in our schedule.  I had orginally had it for Friday night, but since our flight left later than I thought I had to cancel it.  My dad made one at 11:00 for the Friday we left, but we thought that would be pushing it b/c we weren't sure if we were renting a car yet.  So, that left us without Chef Mickey's but we checked a couple weeks before we went and there was a 7 am open Saturday morning.  I was skeptical b/c I knew we were going to get in late.  Then, one opened up Monday at 8:50pm.  It was late, but we could cancel Hollywood and Vine, but all the characters you meet at Chef Mickey's is fantastic!  We decided to do it, you're only at Disney once!
 We met Pluto first and both girls loved him!
 Then, it was time to raise our napkins and wave them around while all the characters went around.
 Minnie is definitely a favorite!
 The girls with Goofy.  I'm SO glad Ella woke up and enjoyed dinner.
Donald Duck is always a lot of fun!
 They had the cutest desserts.  Finally, we were able to see Chef Mickey!!  We had a great time at Chef Mickey's.  I thought the food was great here!  We ate here last time, but my parents had already left so they missed it last time.  They all loved it too!  Barbara, Ella, and I especially loved the Mickey-shaped mac and cheese!  And, Emily got her favorite there too:  baked potato!  As we were heading out, another magical moment occurred.  The castle could be seen from the windows and the fireworks were going on!  We were able to watch it as we waited for the monorail.  It was a night to remember!
Next up, Epcot!

No comments: