

I need to blog about last weekend, but first I have to mention what I have been doing. I saw Legally Blonde the Musical last weekend at WAC. It was fantastic! I've been wanting to watch this musical since the Search for Elle Woods last summer. The girl who played Elle (Becky Gulsvig) was great!
Last Saturday, we drove to Tulsa to see Wicked! My parents met us there and my mom joined me to watch it (her birthday gift). It was AMAZING!!!! I've been dying to see it since Idina Menzel won the Tony probably 5 years ago. I almost drove to Kansas City last year to see it until I heard it was going to be in Tulsa this summer. I still want to fly to New York to see it on actual Broadway (whenever I can leave Ella for a few days). I was so impressed with the lead Marcie Dodd. Her voice was just amazing. Everyone, go out to see it in Tulsa! I wish I could see it again!
I absolutely love musicals. It puts me in a great mood and I do have a lot of Soundtracks on my IPod. I once had a secret dream to be on Broadway, but I got some stage fright my senior year in college and lost my confidence. I first went to see West Side Story around junior high age, which first started my love of musicals. In high school, I got a part in Oliver with a wonderful director! I'm not too good with the acting part, but I do love to sing and dance. I also was in Music Man. In college, our choir mostly did classical music. We did a Gilbert and Sullivan show, which was a lot of fun. I was in mostly operas there (yes me). I began to love opera, but my voice is more mezzosoprano than the "real" opera voice. I still love Broadway musicals. I did try out for a local Sound of Music production and got a role as one of the nuns singing "How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria". I guess I will have to live my dream singing "Defying Gravity" in my car... :)
Edit to note: Someone asked about The Sound of Music. I performed in it over 10 years ago in Fort Smith, so I haven't done theater since then. :)




2 comments:
Is this a future production or have you already performed the Sound of Music? You are so talented!
You need to get into your local performing arts group and try out for a musical to boost your confidence. You have a tremendous talent that should not go to waste!
Love,
Your #1 fan.
Post a Comment