Above: Inside Cinderella's castle
Dumbo
Grand Floridian resort
Outside the Grand Floridian waiting for the ferry! I would LOVE to stay here.
Gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian
The Green girls, Brooke and Caroline
Friday was our last day at the parks and we decided to go back to Magic Kingdom to finish seeing some characters Emily wanted autographs and ride some rides. We had a 11:05 "breakfast" reservation at the Grand Floridian, which is near the Magic Kingdom but we were pressed for time of course. We finally convinced Emily to ride Dumbo and she (and Ella) loved it! Emily rode the Carousel again. We got a Fast Pass for Pooh so we could go do that ride later. We decided to try to see the Fairies before our breakfast at 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian. Well, that line hardly moved at all! It was around 10:20 and I knew we would miss our breakfast if we stayed in this line, so we got out of it. We were going to take the ferry to the Grand Floridian, but the boat was no where to be seen and it was about 10:45 at this point. I decided that we better get on the monorail or we would never get there. The Grand Floridian was the LAST stop of 4 on the monorail and it seemed to take forever, but it really didn't. We finally arrived at the Grand Floridian right after 11. Our reservation was in 5 minutes and we had no clue where the 1900 Park Fare was. Roy and Emily used the stairs while Ella waited forever for the elevator. We made the reservation maybe a couple minutes late! This was the Supercalifragilistic Breakfast with Mary Poppins, Alice, and the Mad Hatter. Pooh and Tigger were there too for some reason. Emily loves the movie Mary Poppins and Alice in Wonderland, so this was something she was looking forward to all week! The breakfast was amazing and the characters were very charming.
Now, we finally took the ferry boat back to the Magic Kingdom and we stopped at the Polynesian as well. We went back in line for the fairies and after an hour's wait, we saw 3 of the fairies (Tinkerbell, Iridessa, and Vidia). I have NO idea what took them so long both times, but Emily was happy. We went through Minnie's house again b/c that was a favorite. We all rode the Pooh ride. Another on our "must see" list was Princess Tiana from Princess and the Frog. I heard from other people that she would be back shortly after the parade, so I stood in line while Roy took Emily to see the parade (which we had already seen with Cita and Poppy on Tues but it is always good). Ella and I could see it a little and could dance along. Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen both finally came and both girls loved them! Most of the characters stop at around 4:30 and we were nearing this time. Emily wanted a picture with Jasmine, but she had already left. I wanted to see Rapunzel in the new movie Tangled, but we never saw her either. My friend Maria and her family were there for their first day, so we met briefly and got a picture. I wish we could have spent more time, but they had a reservation and we were about done at the park! We met them at Frontierland. We didn't do many rides here like Splash Mountain or the roller coaster, but I'm sure we'll be doing that the next time. We went to Adventureland and rode Aladdin's carpet ride and went up the Swiss Family Tree house.
We stayed for the block party again and Emily and I danced in the street. We saw Cinderella's castle lit up one last time. It was kind of sad leaving the castle knowing we won't see it all lit up beautifully again for a few years, unless I win the lottery or something. ha! I had been promising Emily a shirt, so she picked one out and a couple of small items for her cousin and friend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment