Saturday, August 8, 2009

Yummy Food!!

By the way, she is babbling "dada" now! So cute!

Ella is really enjoying eating solid food. She usually eats it in the evening and her daddy likes to feed her (because her mommy is busy feeding all the other times throughout the day and sometimes night).
Here is what she LOVES so far:
rice cereal
carrots
sweet peas
sweet potatoes
bananas
she doesn't gobble these up yet (we'll see):
applesauce
peaches
squash
need to try: green beans and oatmeal
Stage 2 foods will come next! We will see when we will do that!
I think we have a vegetable lover on our hands! Yay! Emily won't go near most vegetables, so we were determined to have Ella love them. I was inspired by one of my dear friends, Angie Coleman, who now has a business selling baby food (Boston Mountain Baby). I don't have a lot of time on my hands and Angie truly loves what she does and both of her kids love veggies! I have enjoyed "disguising" veggies in our foods and Emily does eat it up. She has some neat recipes in there such as Strawberry Smoothies with some hidden veggies!
I love that Boston Mountain Baby is all natural, comes from local farmers, and comes from a woman who loves making baby food. Please check out her website and try it out if you have a baby or even an older child who might benefit from this! http://www.bostonmountainbaby.com/
Run out and get some "So Sweet Potatoes" and "Peas & Peace" for little ones!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your description of Angies's foods makes ME want to go out and get some and we don't have a baby! She needs to copy your blog for an advertisement! Glad to hear that Ella is a good veggie eater.

Cita

Wendy said...

Easton has started cereal and I'm sneaking some fruit in with it - I'll be attempting some veggies this week. I'm sure your friend's food isn't available up here or I would definitely try it for him!!