I had my 28 week doctor's appt. yesterday. I'll tell ya, this pregnancy is flying by! She will be here before we know it. The appt. went well! The baby's heartbeat was 140, nice and strong! I think I skipped over my 24 week appt. on here, but that went well too (baby's heart rate was 144). The gestational diabetes screening came back good! Yay! I almost scheduled the c-section yesterday, but they didn't have the Jan. calendar up yet. Next month, we will have a date!!!! It kind of makes me nervous about "choosing" the birthday, but it will probably be whenever Dr. P is able to do it. The dr. thinks I need to decrease doing Body Combat. :( I LOVE that class, but it's hard doing kicks and everything now.
We have finished painting the room and have everything moved into the new room. My friend Andi is doing a painting and the wall letters for me, so I will post the room once it's finished! We also have a name picked out!
ELLA GRACE!
Ella: (Greek) means beautiful, fanciful
Grace: (Latin) means graceful
We've liked Ella all along, but Roy has been set on it since day 1. We went back and forth on the middle name. We wanted a family name, but nothing would really flow. I also had issues of hurting someone's feelings. I feel like it's God's grace that we've been given another child. Some of you know that I had infertility issues getting pregnant with Emily. They finally figured out the problem after over a year of going through lots of things. I also had a miscarriage a year ago, which was very tough. I had a d & c right before Mother's Day that year and this year, I found out I was pregnant around Mother's Day. I saw a frame last week that said "All of God's Grace In One Sweet Little Face" and it really struck my heart. So, I know this post is a lot of rambling.
Roy's birthday is today! He's having a great birthday dinner and cake too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
I love that name! We talked about that with Kady. . .but it didn't happen. (She's definitely a Kady anyway.)
What a beautiful name! We can't wait to meet out newest little love!
Cita
That is wonderful news Shannon! I'm so excited for you all and can't wait to see your beautiful Ella Grace :)
Barbara
Post a Comment