Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day 2008

My yummy cake and roses from them!


The llamas were right beside us!



Look at these cute little goats!













***** UPDATE****** New pictures added finally!!!!

I hope all you moms had a wonderful mother's day! I had a very busy weekend and it was just perfect. I will have to post the pictures later since we can't find the software that goes with our camera, but it has to be somewhere around here...


I decided that I wanted to do something special with Emily Saturday, so we took her to the drive-thru Safari in Gentry. We heard the storms were moving in, so we got there around 10. Emily LOVED the petting area, especially the baby goats. We knew we didn't have much time since the storm clouds were moving in, so we went thru the drive-thru part. It was pretty neat, but I felt so sorry for the animals. Emily really liked seeing the monkeys, tigers, llamas, and camels. At one point, she said "we're going in the rain forest mommy". It was too cute! She absolutely loves Diego, so she really knows her animals. She's going to love seeing Go Diego Go Live in June! We went walking around to some of the areas when the rain started. On our way out, we saw another petting area with the kangaroos. We will have to go back and see them on our next trip there.

That afternoon, I got a couple hours to myself so I went to work-out, got a pedicure, etc. They surprised me with a yummy chocolate cake and flowers. They took me to dinner for Italian and Emily actually ate most of her kid's meal for once! It was a perfect day!

On Sunday, I decided to go with my parents to Little Rock to surprise Mimi for Mother's Day since Roy had to work anyway. We got up super early so we could make it in time for her church. She was so happy to see us! Emily loved seeing Mimi and Aunt Katie at church! We had a great lunch and Aunt Bennie joined us too! We can't wait to spend a couple days in Little Rock with you all this summer. On our way out of town, we stopped by to see my cousin Trey and Kate plus their 3 kids. What an exhausting day!

No comments: