Saturday, March 23, 2013
Spring Break
We had an awesome Spring Break! I really needed this break after things have been so busy this school year and I was sick for most of February. I like to get out of town for the weekend on Spring Break and spend the rest of it being able to do things around town that we normally aren't able to do. I had to work Monday and Tuesday mornings, but glad I had the rest of the week to chill and we had no extracurricular activities this week.
Saturday morning we went to Tulsa. It was a gorgeous day and we had decided to go to the zoo. It was crazy busy, but the weather was perfect. I'm SO glad we did this because the rest of the week was yucky. We ate dinner at Incredible Pizza, did miniature golf and some other games. Then, spent the rest of the night at the pool.
Sunday, we went to brunch at The Cheesecake Factory and got a couple slices of cheesecake to eat later. We went to the aquarium. The girls really enjoyed the aquarium, but it was rather expensive for the amount of time it took to complete. Oh, well! We were on vacation, right? We went to the mall, then went to Ted's Mexican restaurant for a late lunch/early dinner, then headed home.
Monday-after I worked, we went to Chick-Fil-A. Then, project Ella's new room began. We are switching her room and my office out.
Tuesday- the girls went to Ethan and Hayden's house while I worked some, then we had lunch at Firehouse subs. We headed up to some furniture stores. Later that night, we decided on Emily's new bed and Ella will get her old stuff (but a new room). It won't be here for 4 weeks, but I still wanted all the stuff in the closets and room switched out. This was HARD work!
Wednesday- Rick's for donuts and sausage rolls, then to the library where they had story time. I love Preschool story time and I feel guilty that I never get to take Ella, so I always do when I have the chance! They each picked out books and movies. Then, we headed over to pick up Ashton and her sister for a playdate at our house! I was busy moving things in Ella's new room, so this made it easier.
Thursday-the twins came over bright and early b/c their mom was working all day. We didn't mind at all! We went to Fun City to eat pizza, they gave us mini golf for free, and had some tokens. Then, we went over to the Monkey House for a couple of hours. It was snowing very hard this day! Then, we finished off the day at Orange Leaf and spent Ella's gift card she got for her birthday.
Friday- Briar Rose for breakfast, then Boingo Bounce to celebrate Quinn's birthday. Later that afternoon, we picked up Lily for a sleepover! They had pizza, ice cream, painted nails/spa masks, and watched Wreck It Ralph.
Saturday-Cita and Poppy stopped by for fun day!
Whew! It sounds like an exhausting week, but really it was refreshing and I enjoyed every minute of it. It's amazing how many things I will do to procrastinate getting my taxes ready to turn in. Like catching up my blog. Really?! Well, that's what I'll be doing tomorrow (TAXES, yuck!). I have some guilty about working more, but I think it makes me enjoy the chances I get to spend time with my kids. I have been very envious of my friends who do not work as much, but I really can't compare my life to theirs. I really have a great job that I am able to take time off to spend with my kids. I think they enjoyed this week too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Whew! I am tired from just reading this post! You will never regret the time and thought it took to do fun things while your girls are growing up. It is great that you have a place to actually record these memories to look back and remember. Welove, love, love our little Grandgirls!!!
XXXOOO, Cita
Post a Comment